Welcome to Kristie Argot's blog about Web 2.0 tools in the classroom!

Welcome to Kristie Argot's blog about Web 2.0 tools in the classroom!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Blog Project Inspiration

Teacher's blog with explaination: http://www.thereadingworkshop.com/2009/09/blogging-in-classroom.html


Example of student blog: http://darrens22.wordpress.com

I found "The Reading Workshop" blog. It had a lot of great examples of both the teacher's blog and students' blogs. I liked how there was video, pictures, and texts used in the blogs. I also liked how the student's blog shows different types of writing: journals, poems, writing a letter, etc. I also like how the teacher's blog includes a rubric for students to know how their blog and comments to other blogs will be graded.

This was a sixth grade class and I only teach third grade, but I still think I could use a similar blog in my class to express ideas, thoughts, and responses about books or what is happening in my students' lives. I thought I could have my students pick their favorite book and write a summary including characters, setting, plot, etc. I also am thinking of a personal narrative in the beginning of the school year about summer vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment