Welcome to Kristie Argot's blog about Web 2.0 tools in the classroom!

Welcome to Kristie Argot's blog about Web 2.0 tools in the classroom!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

RSS Feed

I'm not sure yet how much I will use Google Reader. I don't follow too many websites that I have a need to be told the updates.

When searching for sites with RSS and trying to decide how I would use it in the classroom, I thoughts about TIME magazine. I added the top stories as an RSS to my Google Reader. I thought each day, I would view one top story with my class and discuss why it is a current event.

I also thought about trying to teach my students' parents about RSS and telling them they could set up an account so they are aware of updates to my classroom wiki.

2 comments:

  1. This is an excellent way for you to use the RSS feeds. I wish more teachers took the time to review current events with their classes. The connection to the parents is also a good one. You are being pro active with connecting the updates to you wiki. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of connecting with parents, we are continually told we aren't doing enough of that. Depending on the grade level, parents being aware of changes could be an integral part of the course to help get everyone on board.

    ReplyDelete