Welcome to Kristie Argot's blog about Web 2.0 tools in the classroom!

Welcome to Kristie Argot's blog about Web 2.0 tools in the classroom!

Friday, July 16, 2010

Big Shift: The Web as Notebook

Will Richardson's "Big Shif #7: The Web as Notebook (or Portfolio)" tells teachers that the web is taking the place of paper and pencil. Students use weblogs and wikis to store their ideas. Students can also save audio, video, photography, and more on the web.

Currently, I have not had this shift in my classroom. My students are still using paper and pencil to share their ideas. In the future, I expect my students to create blogs for journalling. I'd like my students to use wikis for the writing process. Students will write their first draft. Then peers will edit. Then the teacher can edit. Finally the students can make any final edits to their paper. I would also like to see more use of photography in the classroom. Students can take pictures of real-life objects that we are learning in a subject and blog about how the picture is connected.

After taking this class, I want to make this shift in the classroom. I would like to set up some examples mentioned above. I am also thinking about posting notes online for students who are absent or for parents who are intersted. I hope to have the students help me put the notes online or let them add any details they think I missed from the class. I started last year with a classroom wiki for students and parents. I hope to incorporate at least one more technology (blog, flickr, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment