Welcome to Kristie Argot's blog about Web 2.0 tools in the classroom!

Welcome to Kristie Argot's blog about Web 2.0 tools in the classroom!

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Using Podcasts in the Classroom

I found a vodcast (they call it a podcast), Turtle Report, that I thought I could use in my third grade class. In reading, my students read a story called Turtle Bay. The story includes sea turltes' life cycle. I chose this podcast because it gives a lot of information on sea turtles: types, life cycle, what they eat, etc. I will share this podcast with my students as an example of what a podcast is and introduction on creating their own. This podcast will provide more information about sea turtles to build on my class's learning from the story. I will then put students into group and assign one type of sea turtle to each group. The group will be responsible to to research their sea turtle, then create their own podcast on that particular sea turtle. Each group will then share their podcast with the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment